Growing opportunities for trades professionals
APE is a non-union company that treats all employees with the dignity and respect they deserve. Management is committed to supporting its valuable team of professionals with careers they can enjoy and opportunities for growth and advancement.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic ( Off Road)
Accommodations: Flights/Camp/LOA are NOT provided.Temporary Housing Provided. (Conditions may apply)
Shift: 6 days on (12hr) / 6 days off.
Certifications & Training Required:
CSTS 09/ OSSA and/or BSO / CSO
Certified Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic (Interprovincial) – Off Road
Valid Driver’s License/Clean Driver’s Abstract
A minimum of 5 years experience troubleshooting/repairing Wiggle Wagons, 797 Haul Trucks, D8 – D11 Dozers, 12 – 14H Graders, & Various Excavators
Fall Arrest, Overhead Crane/Rigging, Confined Space, Hoisting/Rigging, Aerial Work Platform, Man Basket and Picker Truck training/experience would be considered an asset;
Able to work independently and as part of a professional maintenance team
Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
No site bans
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide technical diagnosis and perform maintenance on various makes and models of large mining equipment;
- Provide support to the Shovel teams as needed
- Ensure work is completed safely and an FLHA is completed at the beginning of every job or when a job changes;
- Perform equipment maintenance according to OEM, standards, procedures and practices set out by industry and APE Maintenance;
- Recording information related to maintenance repairs and work completed
- Communicate updates to supervisor to ensure goals are met;
- Report all incidents, damage and near misses immediately;
- Other duties as assigned.
We appreciate interest from all candidates, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent